Texas Society of Architects Honor Award 1981; Houston AIA Honor Award 1981
A 1,000 square foot office and snack area addition to an existing municipal control building and waste treatment plant establishes its presence on a community golf-course by increasing its scale through the use of an exaggerated facade plane. Made of tile and stucco, it imparts a large-scale reading from a distance, yet close-in the hand-fired ceramic tile details provide a jewel-like smaller sense of scale for the users. Visual references are made to the neo-classical utility buildings of the late 1800’s.
MISSOURI CITY, TEXAS